- Reduced time to carry out trivial changes.
- Faster development cycle.
- Flexibility in trying out features.
- Increased server uptime.
Step-by-step guideLogin into help.hybris.com and view the following page for this:
Although the steps are mentioned in the hybris help, this post is done to incorporate other changes that we faced here in Eperium.
- Download the light installer from https://github.com/dcevm/dcevm/releases
- Open cmd from start menu and right-click 'Run as Administrator' (as there are no sudo user console otherwise in Windows)
- cd to location where DCEVM jar is present and run java -jar DCEVM-light***-installer.jar
- Run the install DCEVM as altjvm for your JDK
- If there is an permission error, you need to check if jar was run with admin privledges (see point #2 above)
- If there is an error 'could not get dceversion of ..' , then download a different version (try older and stable versions from step #1 above)
- Add the following to local.properties